How to Survive Mr. Particle-Man
- While the bonus points for clearing a stage quickly are nice, it’s okay to take things slowly. The last thing you want to do is lose control of your character, as that will often leave you back at square one.
- The way Mr. Particle Man bounces off walls is quite similar to classics like Break Out. If you’re sending him into a static field, check the angle to make sure he’ll bounce back out of the field before he self-destructs.
- As with the time bonus, you don’t have to collect the extra energy particles. If you want a high score, they’re certainly a big part of that. But if you just want to move forward, it’s okay to skip any of them that are giving you trouble.
- If you need to move fast in a straight line, it’s often a good idea to use the charged dash. Moving normally might result in veering one way or the other, which can lead to a dangerous situation.
- By contrast, be careful about dashing in situations where you’re going to need to turn. Going around corners when fans are involved or passages with a lot of dangerous wall surfaces are very bad places to start dashing around.
- You have unlimited lives, so don’t be afraid to experiment with different approaches to levels.
- Some bosses are only vulnerable during short periods. When starting a new boss fight, you may want to hang back and observe its patterns.