Space Miner: Tips & Tricks
If you’ve mined a little space ore but haven’t gone deep into Space Miner yet, here are some tips to help you along.
- The robot drones will be trying to mine the same ore that you’re looking to get your hands on. It’s a good idea to take them out first before they abscond with much of your loot.
- While any upgrade is a welcome one, it’s generally a good idea to upgrade your reactor first. It powers everything on your ship, so without a decent one your upgrades won’t get far.
- On a similar note, you may also want to consider upgrading your hold early on. The more ore you can carry, the more profit you’ll make from each trip. That allows you to buy other upgrades more quickly.
- Spend some time in the early stages getting to learn how to control your ship. Fans of certain classics will find the game’s thrusting mechanic quite familiar, but if it’s alien to you, you really do need to learn it before dangerous enemies start to show up.
- Don’t forget to stop and smell the flowers once in a while. Which is to say, slow down and let your catcher beam do its work. If you blast open asteroids and fail to collect the ore, you’re just doing the mining robots’ work for them.
- Learn how to drift as soon as you can. After firing your thrusters, you’ll move in one direction for a while. You can turn your ship while you’re moving like this, allowing you to strafe past targets and hit them more safely.